Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Holidays (the Northern Albertan way)

We just returned from our week long "holiday". Yes. I put holiday in quotations, its because I was technically working during my holiday. We traveled down to Calgary so that I could do a weeklong set courses in Family Literacy. But we were able to include some fun family adventures along the way.
Jurassic Forest- Gibbons, Alberta


We went to Jurassic Forest to see all the life-sized dino's (that are all robotic btw). The kiddo's LOVED it! It was super cool- here's just a small sampling of our pics from that part of our journey.


They had the funniest signs along the pathways. I had to take pics of them, they made me lol!


If you are ever in Northern Alberta- really- you should go see them at Jurassic Forest.

While in Calgary, my hubby really wanted to go to the Big Bass Pro Shop (or something along those lines). I was a little skeptical because he told me that they have a whole whack of stuffed animals (yeah, those creepy dead animals- yeah gross) but it actually wasn't that bad. It was done in a very museum like way, as opposed to creepy hunter cabin (which is what I thought it would be).

And we ofcourse went to the zoo. My poor daughter will forever be scarred by the "evil" gorillas. One of the gorilla's got upset, either by someone's flash or by the snackk he couldn't quite get to, but he punched the glass (really really hard) and it scared the bee-jee-zuz outta my girlie :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments- drop us a line :)